The mission of Washington Heights Baptist Church is to glorify God and live as a family of Christian believers devoted to Christ's mission of salvation in our community and worldwide with a growing love for God, the Bible, and our neighbors everywhere.
Are people who:
- Love God and want to pursue Him
- Love the Word of God in both teaching and practice
- Love to Worship
- Have a strong sense of "community" built through Bible Fellowships and Service
- Have a heart and focus on world evangelism
- Are intellectually engaging
- Pursue a broad spectrum of ministries
- Experience a high level of ownership and involvement in our church
- Love and care for one another
Are people who want to find:
- Clear answers and practical solutions to the real needs and temptations we face
- Men and Women they can look up to
- A place where Christianity is real
- Vibrant programs for their families
Are people who want to see more:
- Ministries that make direct contact with our community
- Evangelism training and outreach
- Issue-driven classes and Bible studies
- Open services of prayer and sharing
TRUTH, so we are committed to teaching the Bible in a variety of settings with an emphasis on practical life application (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Timothy 4:2).
WORSHIP, so we use a variety of appropriate expressions to honor God for who He is and what He has done (Psalm 29:1-2; Romans 12:1).
RELEVANCE, so we apply the unchanging Word of God using culturally sensitive methods (1 Peter 1:24-25; 1 Corinthians 9:22).
PEOPLE, so we seek to help individuals to know Christ personally and experience His grace in every aspect of life (John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:18).
GODLY CHARACTER, so we encourage each other to become like Christ in every way (1 Timothy 4:8; 2 Peter 3:11).
FAMILY, so we embrace the Biblical family model and provide opportunities to strengthen marriages and homes (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Ephesians 5:21-25, 6:1-2).
FELLOWSHIP, so we nurture authentic, caring relationships in a variety of settings (Hebrews 10:24-25; Colossians 3:12-15).
SERVICE, so we encourage and equip believers to maximize the use of their gifts and resources for ministry (1 Samuel 12:24; Ephesians 4:12).
LEADERSHIP, so we strive to respect those in authority over us while carefully utilizing authority given to us (1 Corinthians 4:2; Hebrews 131:7).
EXCELLENCE, so we pursue the highest quality in all we do (2 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:23).