Open Initiative Project
Launch Date: February 2023
The Open Initiative is ABWE’s project to access religiously restricted countries and unreached people groups with missionary teams focused on starting churches. The Open Initiative aims to rekindle a missionary spirit among individuals and local churches—and remove obstacles that often hinder Christians from serving in hard-to-reach contexts.
Washington Heights Baptist Church has committed to be an anchor church for teams who work with national residents of Japan’s Kanto region (Tokyo and surrounding suburbs) in partnership with ABWE. Funding will be provided through our yearly Gifts to Christ campaign over the next several years, in addition to ABWE’s fundraising resources. We ask that you pray for this new venture, learn about Japan and it’s people, and be involved in reaching this unreached group.
Open Initiative details
- WHBC Launch Date: February 2023
- Project Committment: $20k yearly (3-5 year commitment, through our annual Gifts to Christ Campaign)
- Project Scope: Tokyo, Japan (Raising up a new generation to go to the unreached people of Tokyo, Japan, in partnership with ABWE)
- Opportunities to Get Involved: PRAY - GIVE - GO
Pray that God would raise up workers for the harvest
Give towards the financial commitment
Go on a short-term trip
WHBC Links and Updates
- Sermon - February 26, 2023
Open Initiative Blogs
ABWE Prayer Partner
- Those interested in joining as prayer partners with ABWE can also opt in to receive daily text message updates. Visit ABWE for more information.