Awana Fall 2020
WEEKLY IN-PERSON MEETINGS | beginning October 14
The calendars do reflect the original format of doing work "at home" until January 2020, but the weekly lessons are correct whether you meet with us in person each week or plan to participate from home.
Dear Awana Parents and Volunteers,
Good news! We have been given the go-head to run Awana every week beginning October 14 at 6:25 pm. What an answer to prayer! If you have not registered, and would still like to participate in Awana this year, it’s not too late!! Registration has been re-opened and is available at the link below for both remote and in person:
With starting back in-person every week, we need to make a few adaptations.
Below, I have bolded a few changes that are different from what was shared during the Awana Kickoff Meeting. Most of these bullet points are reminders.
Check-In Procedures - Door 4 opens at 6:15 pm.
- Temperature Checks at Door 4. All other doors will be locked.
- Hand sanitizer for all.
- Masks for all volunteers if social distance cannot be maintained (recommended for clubbers).
- Cubbies check-in at Children’s Area in foyer.
- Sparks check-in at desk in hallway (like normal).
- T&T checks-in at tables in Activity Center (like normal).
- Parents must leave building unless volunteering. In the past we have had several parents who stay at the church during Awana, but for COVID reasons we are asking that unless you are volunteering (and we still could use more help!), please do not be in the building.
Pick-Up Procedures - 8 pm
- Cubbies - pick up in foyer at Children’s Area door. Brought to door by leaders.
- Sparks – pick up at Activity Center doors by Elevator.
- T&T – Pick up at Activity Center doors by Dining Room. Leaders will bring clubbers to gym at 7:55 pm.
- No playing in gym after pick-up. We are asking everyone to leave the building right after picking up your children at the end of the night.
We will continue to offer a remote option. The directors and leaders have put these procedures in place and will maintain them for the clubbers who prefer not to attend in-person. Everyone who wants to participate, on any level, is welcome!
Thank you for sticking with us as we navigate this new terrain. Your diligence with the above steps will help us to continue to be able to meet in-person. See you on the 14th!
If you have any questions, contact Brian Hartsell, Director of Awana.